Hot Potato Blogger Challenge Recipe: Baked Smoked Salmon Trout and Courgette Croquettes
Serves 4 to 6
This is a good recipe for a breakfast, brunch or dinner party starter. The croquettes are baked, so they can all be cooked in one batch. It is a good idea to bake them on silicone or baking paper to prevent them sticking. They can be made ahead of time up to coating with the cheese mixture, refrigerated for a few hours, then cooked just before serving.
½ cup cheddar cheese, finely grated
¼ cup ground almonds
¼ cup desiccated coconut
2 cups cooked potato, peeled and mashed
80g smoked salmon trout ribbons, finely chopped
4 to 6 baby courgettes, grated
himalayan salt, to taste
2 eggs, beaten
fresh rocket, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180*c
- Mix together the cheddar cheese, ground almonds and desiccated coconut, set aside.
- Mix the smoked salmon trout and grated courgette into the mashed potato, season with salt.
- Using wet hands, shape the mash mixture into oblong or round shapes.
- Dip each shape into the beaten egg, then into the cheese mixture to coat.
- Place on a baking tray lined with silicone or baking paper, and cook until cheese coating is golden brown (about 30 mins).
- Serve garnished with rocket, if desired.
(Recipe by Joanne Clegg, Personal Chef at The Food Crew)